Are you showing up as the best you in your marriage? Somedays you might say yes, and others you might be crawling under a table and hiding because your answer is a big fat, NO!
I know so many of you are hearing “new year, new you”. I know this is supposed to be positive, but honestly, I hate it. Why can’t it be “new day, new you”? Why do we have to think that you can only change when it’s a new year? I want to make a change any day I want!We are constantly in a state of change and people that don’t like change, don’t like to think of it that way. We should always be moving forward and not staying stuck or moving backward.
I am so passionate about being the healthiest and best you so you can have the best marriage possible.
Today I want you to sit down, review the questions in this episode, and look at YOU. Grab a pen and paper and think about the questions and how they relate to your life. This is going to go deep so prepare yourself!
Questions to Ask Yourself:
- What have you done in your life that you are proud of?
- How have those successes shaped your life?
- Are you feeling proud of yourself? How does this play a role in your life?
- How did your parents show their love for you?
- What is it that you want your partner to understand about you?
- What difficult things have you experienced in your life?
- Has your own trama had lasting effects on you?
- What are you doing to protect yourself from these traumas?
- How do these things affect your marriage today?
- How did your family express happiness? Fear? Sadness? Anger?
- What is your philosophy on expressing feelings? Is it easy or hard for you?
- How do you want people to remember you at your death?
- What is the mission statement for your life? What is your purpose?
- Who do you want to become?
- What do you want your life to be like in 5 years? Write your story.
I hope you sit down and take time to REALLY go through this exercise. Bonus points if you can do it with your spouse. These questions make you dig deep but the couples who have done this have had phenomenal success.
After you do this exercise I would love to hear from you. You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also go to www.amywine.com and find out how you can work with me one on one.
If you go to www.amywine.com you can also jump on the waitlist for my newest course that will be launching soon: SPARK. This course will walk you through transitioning from married roommates to a marriage on fire.
If you are ready to ignite the passion in your marriage again you can download my FREE online marriage mini-course → 5 Keys to a Marriage on Fire
I hope you enjoyed this episode!
Take Your Marriage From Roommate Status to on FIRE –> Married Roommates
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. Jon and read each and every one! It also helps other people find the podcast! Wondering how to leave a review? Click on the Apple Podcasts link to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy!
Be the first to comment