We have alluded to in previous podcasts about one of our biggest marriage fights, and we are finally going to give you what you want.
Today we’re going to talk about THAT fight.
But then we’re going to give you various ways to repair your relationship after an argument because you’re always going to have arguments within marriage.
We’re going to tell you our story that you’ve all been dying to hear because I have had listeners, email me and tell me they really want to know about this fight! After we recap it, we’re going to talk about how we repaired it.
On Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- All the details of the Ohio State vs. Oklahoma Sooners fight
- The Gottman repair list
- What makes a repair affective
- The importance of trying to repair your relationship after a big fight as quickly as possible
- Why you should really get to know your partner’s world during peaceful times.
- How to nurture your fondness and admiration for each other.
- Why it’s import to turn towards each other instead of turning away, this leads into respect on a physical level.
You’re always going to have arguments in marriage. Even the best marriages do. It’s important to repair as soon as possible and not let anger fester any longer than it has to. Learn from the argument, and if at all possible, know what triggered it. What can be done differently? And again, get back on the same page get back together.
Dr. John Gottman Repair Checklist
Take Your Marriage From Roommate Status to on FIRE –> Married Roommates
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. Jon and read each and every one! It also helps other people find the podcast! Wondering how to leave a review? Click on the Apple Podcasts link to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy!
Be the first to comment