Welcome back to part three of our five-part series!
We have talked about the practical steps to finding your rhythm, and we have talked about setting boundaries.
But in this episode of Couch Time, let’s take a moment to understand the psychology behind why so many of us struggle with trying to have it all.
You see, our brains are wired in certain ways that can either help us or hinder us.
And today, we’re going to dig deep into the psychological triggers that impact our ability to set boundaries and focus on quality time.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- [1:41] – Here’s what you need to understand about the Pleasure Principle
- [5:05] – How can you reach your goals despite the Pleasure Principle? Here’s what to do
- [6:25] – What cognitive dissonance and why you need to understand it
- [10:25] – Here are some action steps to turn cognitive dissonance from a foe to a friend
- [14:56] – Stop letting the Sunk Cost Fallacy sabotage you
- [23:30] – It’s time to break free of this fallacy. Here’s how
- [26:24] – This is where true wisdom lies
I hope you enjoyed this episode and learning about the human mind. These topics that we covered in this episode are not just terms, but life-lived experiences. They shape your decisions and ultimately your life. Understanding these triggers is the first step towards mastering them.
Don’t miss the next episode in this series where we are discussing quality over quantity!
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts. I would be grateful if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts and share this episode with someone who you think could benefit from these conversations. Plus, I love hearing from you. Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”.