On today’s episode of the Marriage on Fire podcast I will be doing a solo show packed full of information on the importance of communication in your marriage. For so many years, Jon and I felt more like roommates than partners. I want you to be different. I want to encourage you to have open communication in your marriage and to make sure to have devoted time together. One thing I can promise you is that you will always have disagreements as a couple, but it is how you react and work through the conflict that allows you to have a marriage that thrives.
On Today’s Episode I Discuss:
- Disagreements in marriage and why they are normal
- Why it’s ok that every marriage has some sort of conflict
- How to handle conflict differently than you have in the past
- Why it’s ok to not agree or align, even on the simple issues
- Negative cycles in your marriage
- What shaming can sound like and how to avoid it
- Withdrawing and fighting back
- How situations that haven’t been repaired in the past will come back to haunt you
- Healthy ways to say you’re sorry
- How Jon and I communicate differently now to make our marriage work
- Why anger feels like a powerful emotion when it’s actually an out of control one.
- Why the secret to anger is you
- The importance of repairing fights in your marriage so you can move forward
- The importance of being able to take a break before having a serious conversation
- How to be aware of your nonverbal and verbal responses and triggers
- How to validate and acknowledge each other’s efforts towards change
- The importance of scheduling time to talk when times are quiet and calm
- How to quit living side by side with no communication
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. Jon and read each and every one! It also helps other people find the podcast! Wondering how to leave a review? Click on the Apple Podcasts link to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy!