Let’s talk about friendship.
In this episode of Couch Time, I sat down with one of my very best friends, René Banglesdorf, to talk about the ingredients of a good friendship, and to be honest, how she had to basically chase me down to be her friend!
Women in particular seem to struggle with friendships, but everyone is craving community right now so having good friends is more important than ever. In this episode, René and I delve into trust, vulnerability, and the power of having a good friend that you are in alignment with.
We also talk about what you need to know about good friendships and where to get started if you’re looking to find them!
René Banglesdorf is an entrepreneur, business strategist, author, podcast host, public speaker, and board member. She is the founder and CEO of The Aviation Collective, a leadership development company specifically designed to help aviation professionals and emerging leaders. She is the founder and chairman of Charlie Bravo Aviation, a company that sells private jets –spanning nearly $1B in sales in 44 different countries under her tenure as CEO.
René serves on the FAA’s Women in Aviation Advisory Board, the Ohio University Department of Management and Strategic Development Advisory Board, and as a high-performance business coach for Full Focus Company.
René earned her private pilot license in 2021 and flies her Piper Comanche regularly with her daughter Brooke, who holds a commercial license.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- [4:17] – The truth about why strong friendships never came easy to me
- [8:39] – Trust is crucial in a friendship. Here’s why and how we built trust in our own friendship
- [13:19] – Here’s what you have to do before you extend trust or vulnerability to a potential friend
- [16:21] – The way your friendship changes as it matures
- [19:17] – The biggest missing ingredient in your healthy relationships
- [25:16] – Craving a good friendship? Here’s what’s probably holding you back
- [32:02] – The hard truth about “social media” friendships
- [34:35] – The experiment I conducted and what I learned from it about friendship
- [38:15] – The magical thing that happens when you’re in alignment with a good friend
- [40:40] – Where to start if you’re looking to make new friendships
I hope you enjoyed this conversation with René! As you can probably tell, she is a dear friend of mine and I was so happy to have her on the show today. The world is a much more beautiful place when we take the time to invest in friendships like the one we have.
If you’re looking for some support and guidance on your personal growth journey, in your marriage, or even in your business, then I invite you to check out the Thrive Life Collective app. Our holistic approach, rooted in research, science, and scripture, can help you strengthen your life, relationships, and business one step at a time! Join now!
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts. I would be grateful if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts and share this episode with someone who you think could benefit from these conversations. Plus, I love hearing from you. Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”.