Wondering how you can improve conflict resolution in your marriage?
Listen, no marriage is perfect. Everyone has conflict. It’s inevitable, and it’s not a bad sign. What matters when it comes to conflict is how you repair the conflict.
In this episode of Couch Time, I’m sharing the six rules of conflict resolution in your marriage that your therapist wishes you knew.
We’re going to talk about hearing and agreeing, resisting the two bad words, taking a break, committing to repair, taking influence in your marriage, and so much more.
Taking these tips and using them in your marriage will drastically improve the way you view and handle conflict so I am excited to share them with you today.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- [7:21] – The communication strategy that causes people to stop coming to marriage counseling in the first six weeks
- [8:08] – The part of the “I Complex” that everyone misses and how to do it right the first time
- [10:14] – Fighting with your spouse? Here’s what you’re getting wrong and what to do instead
- [12:18] – Can you identify your emotions? Learn how to label them using this method
- [14:02] – Resist these two “bad” words of conflict at all costs to avoid resentment and anger
- [16:37] – The 2 parts to taking a break in a relationship and the part that everyone misses
- [21:00] – All relationships follow this cycle. Here’s what we need to understand about it
- [22:44] – This 1 thing that can cause your marriage to self-destruct
- [26:02] – These 4 marriage pillars can predict the success of your marriage
- [31:52] – The conflict I had in my own marriage and the steps we took to repair it
I hope you enjoyed this episode and that you’ll take these tips and apply them to your own marriage the next time you have a conflict. I think you’ll be happy with the results.
If you’re looking for even more support and guidance on your personal growth journey, in your marriage, or even in your business, then I invite you to check out the Thrive Life Collective app. Our holistic approach, rooted in research, science and scripture, can help you strengthen your life, relationships and business one step at a time! Join the waitlist now!
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts. I would be grateful if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts and share this episode with someone who you think could benefit from these conversations. Plus, I love hearing from you. Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”.